Thanks to everyone who who helped with coding, testing and moral support: Robert DeArmond, Stan Rowland, ChapMan,
Jamie Ontiveros, Jeff Dilcher, Robert Nunemaker, Rahul Vyas, Gilberto Chávez, Benoit Xhenseval, Derek Otieno
Metty 1.31 Current Version(Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP) – 11/1/02
- Improved checking for duplicate tags before inserting.
- All elements and attributes are now generated in lower case (except DC).
- Dublin Core meta tags are now generated with DC and the first letter after the “.” in uppercase as in the example: <meta name=”DC.Creator” content=”blah”>
- Fixed installation bug that caused 2 instances of the program to launch in XP.
- Removed custom cursor from About window.
- Improved graphics and layout of About window.
- New “Fill in Examples” data.
- Minor improvements to Help Document.
- New and better Setup program.
- Created Metty Online, the online version of the regular Metty that includes all Metty’s meta tags except the D.C. tags.
- Added new help menu items for useful online documents: Tutorial, Support Metty, Promote Your Site, Metty Online Version.
Metty 1.21 8/24/01
- Import File, Save File As, and Save Tags As functions now see files with .html extensions.
- Improved Help Document.
- Other miniscule changes not worth mentioning.
Metty 1.2 7/28/01
- Corrected robots tag to output as plural “robots” instead of singular “robot.”
- Added keyboard shortcuts.
- A new HTML file now opens by default.
- More helpful details with error messages.
- Changed Import Web Page under file menu to Import From Web.
- Corrected various misspellings.
- Executable file size is smaller.
- Slick new setup program.
- Better uninstall support.
- Added tutorial Creating Meta Tags with Metty and article A Meta Tag Adventure
Metty 1.1 – 6/10/01
- Removed splash screen.
- Minor changes and bug fixes.
You may install and use multiple copies for multiple users without restriction. License to use this version of Metty is free of
You are specifically prohibited from charging, or requesting donations, for any copies of Metty, however made. Metty may be freely distributed as long as the distribution method remains at no charge to the end user. Metty may not be bundled with any hardware or software products (free or otherwise) without express written consent from Clickfire. Distribution in freeware
and shareware CD software collections is authorized.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia.
This software is provided “as is” and is without warranty of any kind. The author of this software does not warrant, guarantee or
make any representations regarding the use or results of use of this software in terms of reliability, accuracy or fitness for purpose. You assume the entire risk of direct or indirect, consequential or inconsequential results from the correct or incorrect usage of this software even if the author has been informed of the possibilities of such damage. Neither the author nor anyone connected to this software in any way can assume any responsibility.
Meta Tag Menu
- Metty Home
- Metty Tutorial
- Technical Info
- Metty Online Meta Tag Generator is the online version of Clickfire’s freeware meta tag maker that generates over 30 meta tags in XHTML.
Meta Tag Maker Screen Shot
Meta Tag Help
Search engine technology has become more sophisticated and no longer puts the weight on meta data that they once did.
Directories may get meta data from the title, keywords, and description meta tags to display a site listing.