Search engines have changed the way they use meta data over the years, but they still examine meta tags to index information about web pages such as subject matter, type of content and author. Metty Freeware Meta Tag Maker presents you with simple forms that allow you to input the information you want, then generate all of your meta tags. Once meta tags have been generated, you can copy and paste the meta tags into one of your HTML files or insert the meta tags into a new or imported HTML file. No knowledge of meta tags is necessary to build meta tags with Metty Freeware Meta Tag Maker. Note: bookmark the online meta tag generator version which is updated to handle XHTML.
- Create HTML meta tags by filling in simple form fields.
- Support for 33 meta tags.
- Import an existing HTML file from your hard-drive or the web.
- Insert generated meta tags into HTML file and save.
- Save tags as a file for use as a template.
- Limited support for Dublin Core meta tags.
|Product:||Metty Freeware Meta Tag Maker|
|Operating System:||Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP|
“This is an incredible application that should not be left out of any web developer’s toolbox.” – The Freeware Review
If you’ve benefited from Metty Freeware Meta Tag Maker or just want to support development of this meta tag program, choose from one of these easy ways to help. Your support of this freeware program is greatly appreciated!
Ways to Support Metty:
- Put the official “Tagged by Metty” button on your site.
Meta Tag Menu
- Metty Home
- Metty Tutorial
- Technical Info
- Metty Online Meta Tag Generator is the online version of Clickfire’s freeware meta tag maker that generates over 30 meta tags in XHTML.
Meta Tag Maker Screen Shot
Meta Tag Help
Search engine technology has become more sophisticated and no longer puts the weight on meta data that they once did.
Directories may get meta data from the title, keywords, and description meta tags to display a site listing.