Perhaps you simply don’t have the time to work with your website any longer or your goal was to flip your website all along. Maybe you need to raise some quick cash to pay your bills. Either way, there are tons of places you can go to find legitimate buyers and sell a website.
Letting go of the product of all of your hard work doesn’t have to be incredibly difficult. Below are 21 of the best places you can go when you’re ready to sell a website:
- Your own website – start by putting a discrete advertisement on your own site. One of your loyal followers may be ready and able to take control.
- Craigslist – Craigslist has a number of advertisement boards, including listings for businesses.
- Flippa.com – One of the top if not the top website sales destinations. Over $100,000,000 in overall sales.
- SitePoint Marketplace – head on over to the SitePoint Marketplace and list your website. You can sell both startup and premium web sites here.
- DNForum – A forum style website that specializes in domain sales and appraisals.
- NamePros.Com – A great forum for discussing all things related to domain names. Registered users can list sites for sale as well.
- BizListings.com.au - Websites category of this Australian site lets you search small businesses for sale. Upload your business for sale with “no commissions.”
- GeekVillage – An excellent website for web publishers, also allows users to post websites for sale in the forums.
- BizBuySell.com – One of the largest marketplaces on the web, selling both online and offline businesses. People browsing sites like this are serious about getting into business!
- BizQuest.com – Another online business marketplace listing both online and offline businesses.
- BizBen.com – Individuals and agents alike are welcome to lists their businesses for sale on this website. There are a wide variety of ad packages available. Those selling offline businesses should be located in California.
- Sedo - Allows users to buy and sell domains but to also earn money from parked domains as well.
- BusinessesforSale.com – An international website listing both online and offline businesses, wish special categories for the internet and work from home opportunities.
- WebSiteBroker.com – List your site and reach “thousands” of potential buyers.
- Afternic – Features options for sellers to either auction their sites or accept formal purchase offers.
- BuySellWEbsite.com - Users can have their websites appraised and then list them for sale. Ad packages are weekly or monthly.
- DealASite.com – Temporarily allowing users to both buy and sell for FREE.
- WebDomainsBroker.com – Add a domain for sale and pay the broker a 10% fee for facilitating the sale.
- Digital Point Forums – The forums on this site are currently one of the most popular places on the web to list websites for sale.
- Vertive – Vertive will ask for information about your site and either buy it directly or act as a broker by listing it for sale.
- eBay – You can sell those items you cleaned out from your closet on eBay, why not your website?
Every forum and broker site operates differently. Do a little research and compare the prices to advertise against the ease and speed with which you can complete a sale. You’ll be surprised at how easy it really is to sell a website!